About the project
In order to provide valuable data for farmers, different kinds of image processing algorithms have to be implemented. We are mainly focused on crop monitoring and animal detection. Possible tasks:
- Design and implement a universal crop monitoring system (NDVI index + AI)
- Develop an algorithm to detect weeds
- Investigate and implement monitoring algorithms for popular fruit trees
- Develop an algorithm for animal detection and classification, using thermal and RGB cameras
- Detect and classify birds based on their sound
- Improve/redesign our current landing procedure (currently based on detection of ArUco boards)
- (We are open for other project proposals)
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented student who can assist us in the above described projects. Ideally you:
- are passionate about technology (...duh, you are a developer)
- like to get things done (...who does not?)
- can work independently (...we all need to grow up at some point)
- speak English (...if you are reading this without google translate, you will be fine)
- are creative and have an open mindset (...startups are built on ideas afterall)
- have experience in software development (C++, Python)
- have experience in image/signal processing (OpenCV)
What you get out of it?
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT IN THE SITUATION TO PAY FOR THE INTERNSHIP/PROJECT AND WE CAN NOT PROMISE TO HIRE ANYONE AFTER. If you are still reading after this demotivating sentence, lets see what you can get out of this: Working in an entrepreneurial environment like ours can be a huge improvement both on technical and personal aspects, since most of the work done will be used in our final product. This can be a unique reference point later in your career. You also get to be part of a fun, international group who beside taking their work seriously, regularly organize after-work-activities. Free coffee!
If you want to learn more about our company, do not hesitate to check out our website (www.naustrobotics.com) or contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
We hope to hear from you! :)