Job Purpose:Blended “BDM – Customer” and “BDM – Program” role in markets which lack sufficient critical mass to deploy both roles
- Works on small to mid-size accounts of moderate complexity under some supervision (tiered levels based on complexity and partner size)
- Grow profitable market share by executing the Business Unit strategy in full alignment with the agreed plan
- Take solution and service offerings to key customers including TaaS
- Drive sales out of agreed vendor portfolio including new vendor identification and on-boarding and other business development initiatives in order to optimise results
- Drives sales of specific vendors/ projects when specific knowledge is required on an account
- Enable and help the sales teams to win and grow share of wallet and market share
- Successful negotiation and winning of key tenders and large deals
- Positive relationship and engagement with vendors and stakeholders to ensure TD SYNNEX is seen as the “Trusted Advisor”
- Responsible for increasing both customer loyalty and profitability
- Works in collaboration with FSE and vendor
- Support development of direct reports and/or development of divisional business development execs (BDE’s)
- Full knowledge of assigned product/service line
- Key customer engagement
- Vendor operational, sales and marketing team engagement
- People management and development (where applicable)
- In smaller markets BDM will be required to take on additional responsibilities e.g. category management
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Commercial awareness
- Customer Focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Influencing sales teams
- Building structured sales activity
- High energy and motivating
- Strategic thinking
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Highly numerate
- A knowledge of product and technology portfolio
- IT industry knowledge – Channel, Vendors and Competition
- Experience of SAP R3 and Business Warehouse would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Telephone sales skills
- Degree in a business related subject is desirable / an advantage
- Experience of people management and development an advantage
What’s In It For You?
- Elective Benefits: Our programs are tailored to your country to best accommodate your lifestyle.
- Grow Your Career: Accelerate your path to success (and keep up with the future) with formal programs on leadership and professional development, and many more on-demand courses.
- Elevate Your Personal Well-Being: Boost your financial, physical, and mental well-being through seminars, events, and our global Life Empowerment Assistance Program.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: It’s not just a phrase to us; valuing every voice is how we succeed. Join us in celebrating our global diversity through inclusive education, meaningful peer-to-peer conversations, and equitable growth and development opportunities.
- Make the Most of our Global Organization: Network with other new co-workers within your first 30 days through our onboarding program.
- Connect with Your Community: Participate in internal, peer-led inclusive communities and activities, including business resource groups, local volunteering events, and more environmental and social initiatives.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Apply anyway.
At TD SYNNEX, we’re proud to be recognized as a great place to work and a leader in the promotion and practice of diversity, equity and inclusion. If you’re excited about working for our company and believe you’re a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!