Technical Services Training and Compliance Coordinator
420 Harriman Dr.
Goshen, New York, 10924
At LEGOLAND New York Resort – Earn AWESOME Benefits , Build AWESOME Memories, and Make an AWESOME Difference. With our Theme Park, Hotels, Mini-Land and more - the opportunities here at LEGOLAND are endless!
About the Role
Under the direction and supervision of the Training and Compliance Manager, the Training and Compliance Coordinator assists the T&C manager in making sure the LLNYR Technical Services Team is following all Merlin Groups, LLNYR Health and Safety Standards, OSHA and ANSI codes, and NYS and Local Municipality Codes. Helps to develop, implement, and monitor robust engineering, safety and training compliance strategies and procedures across entire Technical Services Department.
The Training and Compliance Coordinator's responsibilities will be, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide a strategic approach to compliance management in respect of ride safety and other maintenance processes as necessary.
- Help develop comprehensive records and procedures for compliance management purposes.
- Conduct audits of preventative and reactive maintenance activities to ensure compliance with internal standards, ride manufacturers OEM’s and any third party recommendations/requirements in respect of ride hardware.
- Ensure that all maintenance related risk assessments are completed and reviewed in line with company policies and that they are of a suitable and sufficient standard.
- Develop new and review existing safe systems of work/standard operating procedures for maintenance operations and ensure that these are followed accordingly.
- To assist the Technical Services teams with technical or procedural queries, giving hands on assistance when necessary.
- Ensure that effective training programs for maintenance personnel are embedded into the dept. and executed appropriately with particular regard to the delivery of ride specific maintenance tasks as well as general health & safety training e.g. work at height, manual handling, lifting equipment operation etc.
- Ensure that an effective system is in place for preventative and reactive maintenance and that all such maintenance is progressed to a satisfactory conclusion with adequate supporting records.
- Liaise closely with the attractions and corporate health and safety teams to ensure a consistent approach to safety management in line with local and corporate safety policies.
- Previous Rides Maintenance Experience a must.
- Good organizational skills are necessary to take charge of organizing training and training classes.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at one time in an efficient and timely manner is important in this position.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are crucial for editing training documents and doing training classes.
- Problem-solving skills to come up with ways to improve overall efficiency and overcome training problems.
- OSHA 10 for General Industry a plus.
- Ability to sit for OSHA 30.
- Previous Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous Experience with NetSuite.
- Previous Experience with Asset Management Systems, like Infor, Maximo, CMMS, Asset Panda a plus.
- Strong people management skills to develop an effective team environment.
- Ensures internal compliance with maintenance, safety and security procedures by following established ASTM (American Society for Testing & Materials International), NEC (National Electrical Code), NSF (National Science Foundation), OHSA as well as state and local codes.
- Ensure full compliance of policies and procedures set forth within the Health, Safety & Security in the workplace and in line with the Merlin Entertainments Group Policy.
- Understand risk assessments within own workplace and ensure reporting of any new risks to appropriate manager.
Compliance of safe working procedures for work activities within one’s job role, but cognizant of the effects on others prior to the activity/function.
- In cases of incidents or accidents ensure appropriate reporting is done in a timely manner to the duty manager.
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Well-groomed appearance
- Ability to make a child’s day memorable
- Work as part of a team
- Dependable and Responsible (after all our guests depend on you!)
- Ability to work outdoors in any weather condition
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time, and long distances
- Flexible Availability around park hours (peak and nonpeak times)
- Ability to work nights/weekends/holidays through agreed upon employment
Here at Merlin, we do it all for the love of FUN and if that wasn’t enough, we also have these magical benefits, exclusive to our awesome employees; Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions, discount in our retail shops and restaurants, opportunities for career development within our exciting global organization, and much more!
Who We Are
We're part of the Merlin Entertainments family - linking us to iconic brands such as Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, SEA LIFE and much more!
Here at LEGOLAND New York Resort We thrive on innovative thinking and big ideas!!! For that reason, this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this role. We create magic and invaluable experiences for our guests every day, and while this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of what you will do here with us, we cannot guarantee you that creating magical moments won’t come with new and amazing adventures that can make your day different! Come work with us and you will see how at LEGOLAND New York Resort no two days are the same.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
If you have any questions, concerns, or additional support needed to succeed in an interview, please get in touch with our friendly team to find out how we can help: LLNYR-HR@LEGOLAND.com.
If playdoesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device.
More videosYou're signed out
Videos that you watch may be added to the TV's watch history and influence TV recommendations. To avoid this, cancel and sign in to YouTube on your computer.
An error occurred while retrieving sharing information. Please try again later.
0:00 / 1:14•