As a family-owned company, it’s the people who continue to make STIHL a successful, world-class brand. STIHL is seeking a highly motivated, ambitious Fleet Vehicle Coordinator to join our Purchasing Team at STIHL’s corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach!
This person will be responsible for coordinating the activities involved in the administering of all of the company owned or leased vehicles and peripherals. This includes managing the ongoing maintenance, repairs, licensing, fuel, registration, and replacements as well as monitoring key metrics and program success.
Position highlights include:
- Benefits – Competitive health insurance, compensation, 401K, bonuses, relocation assistance and PENSION!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the standards for vehicles, selection, pricing, and coordinating with the fleet management company. Responsible for providing updates and announcements and administering fuel cards to fleet vehicle customers and management/executives as needed.
- Supports requests, such as vehicle replacements, in a timely manner according to policy and guidelines.
- Provides responsive, high quality service to internal customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Generates regular reporting of key fleet program metrics. Reviews maintenance and cost data, monitors fuel consumption and identifies misuse of fuel and/or fleet vehicles.
- Responsible using program metrics to develop cost saving initiatives.
- Makes recommendations regarding appropriate disposition of vehicles and vehicle reassignments.
- Responsible for presenting key fleet program metrics, results and cost saving initiatives to upper management and executives.
- Monitors the status of all fleet vehicles and proactively takes action where needed. Responsible for overseeing repairs, preventive maintenance, registration, and replacement of vehicles.
- Manages all fleet and repair suppliers relative to performance and compliance.
- Places all orders with suppliers and manages the associated terms and conditions of orders.
- Administers the online ordering system.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, environmental and organizational policies and procedures and works with EHS as needed.
- All work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, skills, and experience.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or experience equivalent.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Preferably experience managing corporate fleet programs, regular vehicle maintenance requirements, inventory methods and procedures and/or purchasing experience including order placement and (contract) negotiations.
- Experience with SAP and online fleet management systems preferred.
- Knowledge of safety and hazardous materials regulations, technical specifications and information related to fleet vehicles and peripheral equipment and technological development / improvement and trends in vehicle / equipment and fuels.
- Ability to independently exercise appropriate judgment in answering questions and analyzing / project consequences of decisions and/or recommendations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.