Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
The HR Manager is responsible for partnering with key businesses to proactively address issues related to workforce efficiency, development, attraction, retention, culture and initiatives related to diversity, equity and inclusion. Additionally this position is responsible for collaborating with the broader HR team in support of all HR initiatives.
- Collaborates with the human resources business partners, human resources specialists and assigned business units to develop, recommend, and implement corporate initiatives and processes, including internal mobility, diversity, equality and inclusion, learning and development, employee recognition, engagement and retention programs, performance management, and compensation actions
- Oversees Employment Contract administrative duties which includes generating reports, entering changes / requests into the system, maintaining records, updating tracker, processing changes and ensuring timely management of all Employment Contracts across the business divisions.
- Prepares and tracks all salary actions which includes maintaining employee folders: updated job descriptions, resumes and completion of compensation action form.
- Partners with recruitment in sourcing and selection of open positions.
- Partners with Senior HR business partner to lead and coordinate: annual merit increases; STIP & LTIP planning; and annual overhead budget planning. This includes preparing worksheets, attending senior level meetings to solicit recommendations, entering recommendations into system, owning the merit/STIP pools and partnering with Compensation to ensure accuracy, timeliness and on time delivery.
- Proactively identifies employee relations issues, partners with HR Legal to conduct appropriate investigations, and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Provides counseling, mentoring and hands-on support to address employee related business matters.
- Maintains and establishes awareness and understanding of employment law, industry trends, current practices and new developments.
- Partners with Organization and People Development team to provide support and services in the areas of performance management, employee engagement and training & development.
- Provides support and direction to supervisors and managers in addressing performance issues, feedback and counseling sessions.
- Researches and analyzes HR statistics to support a wide variety of initiatives: Diversity & Inclusion, Talent Planning, Compensation and Talent Acquisition.
- Assists Senior HRG with organization restructuring, RIFs and other change initiatives.
- Assists with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and stated legal requirements.
- Follows and provides mentorship on industry trends and current internal and external human resources and business practices
- Provides direction and support to employees with inquiries related to career opportunities, benefits, compensation, and other internal processes
- 5+ years’ progressive experience and growing responsibility as an HR Generalist or HR business partner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Experience working across and in partnership with the various HR disciplines
- Demonstrated proficiency in human resources management and best practices Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experienceExcellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization, administrative and communication skills are necessary in order to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate across the organization; strong client relationship
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.