At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link - to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every link into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
The RoleBitly is seeking a creative and relentlessly curious Group Product Manager with extensive experience developing SaaS products. As a Group Product Manager, you will be responsible for delivering a compelling product vision and strategy for our core product applications. You will use your deep knowledge of the customer, the data and the market to solve problems for our customers, and deliver products that people love to use!
As a senior leader of our product team, you will translate your insights and knowledge of the industry into concrete proposals supporting product expansion and improvements. You will bring the voice of the customer to every conversation and will work with the UX team on building world-class features. In addition, you will work closely with the Product Marketing and Growth teams to help shape the go to market initiatives for new features and products, and work on market research and competitive strategy initiatives. You'll work with Bitly strategy, finance, sales, marketing, customer success on new products to drive demand and work to improve existing functionality. This role reports to our Denver-based Head of Product.
The LocationThis role will be fully remote for the duration of the pandemic, and Bitly has committed to not asking any employee to come back to the office through at least September 2021. We take the health and safety of our employees seriously and will continue to assess when offices can be reopened.
What You'll Do:
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and help shape and define product vision and strategy for the entire company in partnership with other product managers
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Gather requirements, define functionality, and set goals in a clear, actionable format that can be used to communicate with the team and drive product delivery
- Take a data-driven approach in defining success metrics, prioritizing requirements, and communicating plans, progress and success
- Lead a cross-functional agile team of engineers, UX/UI designers and project managers
- Develop the product roadmap and be its evangelist for a cross-functional team of PMs, engineers, designers, and marketers
- Manage and develop product managers while executing 1-2 complex, advanced strategies
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of hands-on SaaS product management experience or equivalent work experience
- Have a proven track record of building products that people love and delivering business results
- Be able to drive vision & strategy across a team of PMs, engineers, designers, and marketers
- Very strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Ability to work with limited direction across multiple projects -- self-starter personality is a must
- Bring grit, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and be a hands-on help to your team
- Experience in the marketing technology or productivity space
- Experience building products for a variety of customer segments - from small businesses to large enterprise companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, CS or a similar field; MBA preferred
- Customer First. We are fiercely committed to our customers success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data driven decisions
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try. We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a $500 home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches (when our offices reopen)
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
If based in Colorado, the annual cash compensation range for this position is $150,000 - $170,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly
Apply for this job