Info Sys Technologist II
MA - Andover
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
The candidate will be joining the Digital Workplace Services (DWS) Advanced Visualization group as the technologist supporting the Immersive Design Center (IDC) and VirtualWorx™ (VWx) program in Andover, MA. The Advanced Visualization group is responsible for supporting Advanced Visualization Value Streams across the entire product lifecycle, from Capture to Sustainment. The candidate will support the physical IDC Visualization Center in Andover, MA, which is an integral part of the group’s charter. It serves as one of the primary locations where we demonstrate our Advanced Visualization capabilities and provide value to the rest of RMD through customer engagements. The candidate will be the primary technical expert on all equipment in the IDC Andover facility and will also have opportunities to support engagements with high level internal and external customers. They will help drive Advanced Visualization adoption and utilization across the enterprise.
Responsibilities to Anticipate
- Provide overall technical management of IDC and VWx advanced visualization hardware and software to include all audio, video, compute, AR / VR headsets, and accessories
- Ensure IDC and VWx advanced visualization system readiness, execute system upgrades, and drive compliance
- Support IDC and VWx events with technical support and preparation of all advanced visualization equipment (audio, video, compute, headsets) to include content loading and testing
- Actively participate in demonstrations of VWx capabilities
- Develop new advanced visualization use cases in collaboration with IDC and VWx staff
- Assist with technical operations of other visualization centers within our group
Qualifications You Must Have
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM); OR minimum of 8 years’ of relevant professional experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2+ years professional experience working with advanced, integrated audio / video systems
- Experience working across multiple IT frameworks and disciplines, to include audio/video, end user, server, and network
- Experience using IT handbooks, guides, equipment CONOPS, system CONOPS, and network diagrams
- Experience managing multiple hardware assets and ensuring proper tracking with demonstrated strong organizational skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value
- Information Systems, Information Technology or related Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience working with advanced visualization or large-scale visualization
- Experience with Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, and gaming engine technologies
- Experience developing IT handbooks, guides, equipment CONOPS, system CONOPS, and network diagrams
- Experience managing audio / video collaboration systems such as Video Teleconference, Audio Teleconference, Smart Boards, and other tools
- Able to anticipate and take proactive action
- Exceptional trouble-shooting, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Exceptional listening, verbal, and written skills
- Knowledge of Raytheon’s IT policies and procedures
- Enjoys working on diverse teams to successfully integrate IT solutions, often under high stress environments
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Andover Massachusetts and the candidate must be able to report to the IDC facility in Andover, MA within a notice of 1 hour.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, the business generated $16 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 30,000 employees globally. Raytheon Missiles & Defense is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
Ability to Telecommute
Part time telecommuting
U.S. FLSA Classification
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.