Select Test to View ABTest Viewer
Manager, Animation UI
- Los Gatos, CaliforniaLos Angeles, California
- Client and UI Engineering
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We have grown to over 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. We’ve become the largest entertainment studio in the world, creating new original content at an incredible pace. The Studio Innovation product team is front and center of this growth. We build software that fuels the production and creation of Netflix content. The Animation Studio Technology team within Studio Innovation builds products that power the Netflix Animation Studio ecosystem. Netflix is on a path to release six animation feature films per year, which no major studio has ever done, on top of the very healthy slate of animation series.
At Netflix, our animation product team is small so you have the opportunity to make a big impact, and drives our approach to innovation. We’re seeking ambitious, analytical, and strategic leaders to join our team. You will hire the best engineering talent and will lead a team of engineers to identify new ways to create products that drive impact in Animation. You will collaborate with product, design, and data science leaders to set a vision and chart a course ahead. A successful candidate will have the creativity to look at problems in new ways and the willingness to try new things, a hypothesis-driven mentality, a balance of creativity and analytic skills, and exceptional organizational leadership. The Animation team is growing at a rapid pace and needs a self-starter leader who has experience in strict prioritization and leveraging data to inform their decisions.
- Having a 1-1 with an engineer on your team. Building your relationship by getting to know them better, shining a spotlight on their clear communication with a partner, coaching them through a conflict and diving deeper into unlocking new ideas to accelerate developer productivity.
- Preparing a discussion for your team meeting on topics ranging from empathy to execution.
- Recruiting. Identifying and reaching out to UI engineering candidates who might strengthen your team by bringing a diverse perspective your team is currently lacking. Doing a phone screen with a candidate. Prepping your interview team for an on-site interview.
- Leading a prioritization discussion with your product manager, backend engineering and design partners. Recommending projects we might slow down on in favor of accelerating others so we can unlock more value for our customers.
- Identifying risks, assigning ownership to engineers and clarifying what we are trying to achieve and next steps the team is accountable for.
- Partnering with product managers and data scientists to develop the metrics you’ll use to measure success of a new product initiative.
- Ability to build and motivate a diverse engineering organization to meet the needs of the Netflix Animation Studios
- Someone with a proven track record leading large cross-functional engineering initiatives, while being a thought leader with PMs and Designers
- Ability to work through ambiguous requirements and make decisions to push forward
- A great communicator
- Someone with a passion for enhancing the quality of the products your team builds
- Ability to work with stakeholders and tight-knit partners, many of them work out of the Animation Studio
- Ability to evaluate build vs. buy and licensing opportunities while balancing short term and long term perspectives
- Ability to foster a learn-fast mentality and collaborate with operational teams to roll out products to our talent, employees, and partners.
- Ability to work closely with data science and algorithm teams to generate insights and develop new ideas
- Someone who thrives in a healthy debate of ideas while balancing to communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization
- Experience building and shipping workflow-based enterprise applications
- First-hand knowledge of the production process for animated movies and TV shows
- You desire a fast-paced, dynamic environment