Role Summary:GE Power Conversion provides electrical power conversion systems for various industry, marine, and Oil & Gas applications. Typical scope includes MV & LV drives, motors, transformers, E-house, switchgear, and control as well as the associated power systems engineering. The New Graduate Engineer will complete an 12-18 month rotational assignment in engineering, assembly and test, as well as commissioning. You will learn our technology from global teams around the world.
- IAs the New Graduate Engineer, you will participate in engineering, on site field services and commissioning, and manufacturing and testing roles.
- Provide engineering documentation and software as part of a project team from the proposal phase through the commissioning phase
- Participate in software development including design and coding of components and modules according to detailed specifications and direction
- Participate in the analysis and development of test and
- Generate test results and provide observations and/or recommendations for corrective action to project engineers
- Develop detailed engineering and site commissioning reports
- Participate in hardware and software development for drives and control systems solutions of large scaled complex projects
- Develop and write functional specifications by researching and compiling technical information and data as required
- Develop drawings and schematics
- Keep abreast of latest technological developments and develop an understanding of company products, and customer requirements
- Perform assignments to support field engineering including visits to installation and commissioning sites
- Collaborate with engineers in our United Kingdom, India, France and/or Germany offices where required
- Participate in hardware installation and the safe and controlled energization and testing of equipment and systems
- Maintain configuration of drawings, schematics and software code
- Perform wiring of subpanels for custom designed solutions in a manufacturing environment
- Testing electrical components and subsystems safety upon the completion of manufacturing
- Perform electrical component and systems modeling as part of a project team learning to use tools such as Matlab, eTAP, etc.
- Areas of study and training will include:AC & DC Motors AC & DC Drive Technology Electrical Safety Low and Medium Voltage design and commissioning of equipment Control Systems Solutions for automation of industrial equipment in Marine and Industry Segments
- During the 12-18 month rotational training, the expected travel requirement may be as high as 50% (both domestic and international travel).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Technology or related field.
- Experience in function block and ladder programming environments.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, a desire to learn and become proficient.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and industry standards applicable to both the industry and the equipment.
- Experience of system integration and working on multi-discipline projects
- Experience in the design and control of PID regulated devices, sequencing, and general equipment automation control through PLC’s.
- Knowledge of PID and PI control theory, AC and DCdrives and motors, servers.
- Experience developing software using Matlab/Simulink and C/C++.
- Experience in PLC Programming Packages such as P80i, GEMCAD, S7, RsLogix, CodeSys, etc.
- Experience in designing and modifying SCADA packages such as Wonderware Archestra, iFix, Cimplicity, Proficy Machine Edition, Citect, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good personal organisational skills.
- Understands business objectives and can influence stakeholders to
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable.
- Willing to travel within home country and occasionally overseas.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world's energy infrastructure. Designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today's industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future, it serves specialized sectors such as energy, marine, industry and all related services.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.