Park City, UT, USA
The Product Development team at Skullcandy is searching for a motivated, creative, and innovative Electrical Engineer to be a leading member of the development teams of headphones and speaker products. This position will be based out of Skullcandy HQ, in Park City, Utah.
- Works within a team to develop, validate, and commercialize a variety of electrical design projects for consumer level audio products including wireless technology, sensor technology, and audio performance optimization.
- Applies thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects effecting his or her organization.
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope and complexity simultaneously
- Serves as a technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
- Keeps informed of new methods and developments affecting his or her organization, and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of programs.
- Reviews and completes project documents for accurate specification and quality assurance.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- Receives administrative supervision with assignments in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Routinely interacts with clients, customers, suppliers, contractors, and others.
- Leads project meetings and makes presentations as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS Degree in Engineering required; MS EE preferred.
- Years of Electrical Engineering experience: 3-5 (consumer electronics preferred and depending on education level).
- Possess advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Schematic design and pcb layout experience.
- Experience with Bluetooth system design and integration.
- Experience with DSP algorithms a plus.
- Experience working in Asia at manufacturing facilities strongly preferred.
- Experience with developing and validating the manufacturing process.
- Must be able to travel internationally at least 4 times per year.