Warren (Tech Ctr), Michigan, US
About GM:There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors. To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why work for us:Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support employee volunteer interests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give to our communities.
Description:The General Motors Product Cybersecurity Red Team is a highly motivated group of specialized experts who test security controls related to vehicles, connected devices, and connected networks.
This opportunity on the Red Team is a highly technical position and requires a highly motivated individual. Finding bugs and developing exploits in hardened software and hardware often demands unconventional thinking. The ideal candidate is an innovative thinker. This is a detail-oriented position and the candidate should be comfortable creating comprehensive and precise communications. The ideal candidate is known to take the initiative to execute tasks with excellence, without continuous supervision.
- 2+ years of experience (or relevant coursework) in each of the following required qualifications:
- Developing software in c and/or python, java knowledge a bonus
- Network and web protocols (OSI model)
- Linux knowledge
- Written and verbal communications skills
- This position requires legally operating a motor vehicle on a daily basis
- 2+ years of experience (or relevant coursework) in 3 or more of the following preferred qualifications:
- Security fundamentals - authentication, authorization, and cryptography
- Designing or evaluating applications for security
- Vulnerability assessments, red teaming, or penetration testing
- Static and/or dynamic security assessment tools
- Reverse engineering embedded hardware and common embedded protocols
- Reverse engineering Linux and/or Android based software
- Working with CAN networks
- In depth cellular communications knowledge
- Designing or testing security for large scale network infrastructures