THE ROLE: Legal AdministratorWe’re looking for…
An energetic, enthusiastic, self-starter who enjoys the fast pace of a small legal department. This is a new position with the opportunity for a lot of autonomy and responsibility, working with the legal and various business teams. The ideal candidate will have experience with at least some of the functions set forth below, be a strong multi-tasker, be willing to dig in and learn. We are looking for a team player with a positive attitude who is open to change and helping the business meet its objectives.
Reporting to the SVP, General Counsel, the Legal Administrator will be responsible for support and/or ownership of a broad range of functions, including contract management, intellectual property, corporate filings and data privacy.
The legal team is a three-person team that enjoys a collaborative, supportive and fast-paced working relationship. The Legal Administrator will be a key part of this team.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Contract preparation, negotiation and support for standard agreements, including confidentiality agreements, recruiting agreements, consulting agreements, model/agency agreements (with attorney oversight as needed)
- Contract management and monitoring (Agiloft)
- Work on intellectual property matters, such as trademark and image use matters
- Tracking and driving updates to standard form agreements
- Equity grant management (Certant)
- Manage dropship vendor contracts and process
- Manage and review of television product vetting and talking points
- Review legal blogs and product legal disclaimers
- Review marketing and promotional materials to ensure compliance with legal guidelines on messaging and disclosures
- Assist with processing privacy requests
- Assist with corporate matters, including corporate filings, Board meeting minutes and materials, and management of corporate documents
- Help prepare legal training materials for company employees, including marketing team trainings and guidelines
- Develop and maintain department resources, playbooks and compliance guides
- Assist with charity filings/annual report
- Act as executive assistant to General Counsel, provide general support to legal team, and perform general administrative tasks
- Research or other projects at attorney’s direction
- Monitoring collections cases and consumer complaints
- Create and maintain legal team calendar tracking (days off, work from home days, etc.)
- Identify and implement improvements to current operations and workflows
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided…
- Help drive the Legal Department’s organization and efficiency and contribute to its impact on company growth, while gaining valuable skills and exposure to many different legal and business matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2- 5 years’ experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, strong attention to detail and follow through; excellent organizational skills (including management of projects and workload); outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written); ability to exercise discretion and judgment in handling of confidential matters and information
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of office products (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Prior experience with commercial contracts – a plus
- Team player able to work cooperatively with attorneys and business people
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to quick changes
- Eagerness to learn and a great attitude
ABOUT US:Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 20+ million loyal members turn to Rue La La & Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law