Junior .Net Software Developer
OPIS, part of IHSMarkit, is one of the world's most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. OPIS provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, OPIS uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible.
Currently OPIS is looking to expand its Romanian .NET software development team based in Bucharest. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team that will become an important part of global OPIS IT. This team will work closely with the OPIS IT HQ based in Gaithersburg, US. To fit this role, we are looking for that unique mix of solid technical capabilities, blended with strong interpersonal skills. Learn more about the products you will be working on at www.opisnet.com.
We are looking for a wide range of candidates from junior to senior level to fill multiple openings.
- Write, build and deploy code using Microsoft .NET (C#) pushing our products further
- Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
- Leverage our Cloud infrastructure (AWS) in order to design solutions that make the best of it
- Maintains existing legacy applications
- Track down and resolve bugs in any OPIS code base
- Adhere to best practice development standards (such as continuous integration and deployment)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 1 year of experience
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles
- Good knowledge of C# and Microsoft .Net framework (ASP.Net, Web API, ADO.Net)
- Good understanding of a relational database engine e.g. SQL Server (or Oracle)
- Experience with modern software development life-cycle
- Must speak and write in English fluently
NICE TO HAVE
- Worked with Net Core
- Experience with caching/Non-SQL technologies (Redis, MongoDB, DynomoDB)
- Experience with Inversion of Control techniques (Unity, Ninject)
- Experience with Unit testing
- Understand modern Cloud architectures
- Agile methodology and/or SCRUM experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work in the team that creates, develops and maintains one of the best sources of real-time and historical information about the fuel industry worldwide
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (Pool Table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.