San Diego, California, United States
BAE Systems is looking for a Systems Engineer to work on a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment. The qualified candidate will support the development and implementation of a system for an extensible software framework for integration of tools capable of mission data processing in an Azure Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) environment. Assigned tasks may include the development of Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) and user stories, backlog prioritization and management, technical documentation, sprint planning, customer engagement and interaction with software and system test engineers on the team to achieve program objectives. Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations and customer meetings.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to perform requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
- Ability to participate in analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various Agile objectives and iterative development schedules
- Ability to support statistical analysis methods and tools
- A team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Good MS Office applications skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- MBSE experience
- Agile Systems Engineering related intern, work, or hobby experience
- Familiarity with UML/SysML modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect, System Architect, etc.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (e.g. Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes
- Familiarity with Cloud computing environments ( e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Familiarity with open, standards-based architectures, interfaces and geospatial data
- Familiarity with DoDAF
- Familar with International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) certification (e.g., ASEP)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.