Manassas, Virginia, United States
Job DescriptionJoin a dynamic Contracts team that supports the delivery of mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of government, commercial and international customers. The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. Contracts employees are provided opportunities for promotion and relocation to other business units within the U.S. and overseas. BAE systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
With our historic growth and position as one of the world’s largest Aerospace, Defense and Security Company’s, we look to recruit and retain the best and brightest. Taking care of the Contracts team by offering daily flextime, every other Friday off, work from home options, relocation assistance, and competitive salary/benefits keeps our team engaged and motivated.
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business. Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen, be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
Location: This position will be located in Manassas, Virginia.
As the Contracts Manager, you will work with customers to shape and close business opportunities in concert with internal objectives for the S2 Product Line, with support to the Advanced Mission Payloads, Resilient Ground Systems, and Space Electronics Technology product areas managed primarily from Manassas, Virginia. Work products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from your Contracts team, to the S2, and C4ISR leadership teams.
Daily responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Management of personnel, their workloads and their development plans for future growth.
- Consistently work on and provide guidance on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues as well as an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with the team to gather, interpret, analyze, develop recommended strategies and present information.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage complex proposals/contracts across domestic environments.
- Provide guidance to Programs, Engineering Product Development teams on government and commercial contracting methods for military equipment while protecting our Intellectual Property rights.
- Cross functional collaboration with Program Management, Product Development, Finance, Operations and Export teams.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Management/supervisory experience being responsible for a small team of 2 to 4 direct reports.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of, and experience with, FAR and DFAR and export regulations.
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property and policies.
- Proven ability to lead and close complex negotiations requiring Current Cost or Pricing Data and TINA certification.
- Experience with agreements to support business development, program management and engineering development teams (ex. NDAs, bailment agreements, distributor agreements and/or reseller agreements).
- Experience of dealing with the US Government and major industry defense & electronics companies, as your customer.
- Ability to prepare spreadsheet, presentations and well written correspondence.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with the Teaming process and the creation of Software Licensing Agreements
- Experience with International Customers
- Active Top Secret clearance