SQL Server Database Developer
Bucharest - Calea Floreasca
OPIS, part of IHSMarkit, is one of the world's most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. OPIS provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, OPIS uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible.
We are looking for a SQL Server Database Developer that will design, develop and maintain SQL Server database architecture and code, supporting internal and third party software solutions, delivering excellent products in scope and on time, and meeting current and long-term business needs for the business area.
- Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
- Work with the database developers to implement new features and solutions for customers
- Use company’s latest software development life-cycle working closely with team members from Romania and US
- Track down and resolve bugs
- Maintain the existing legacy applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year database developer experience with SQL Server
- Ability to create and maintain stored procedures
- Ability to write SQL queries and statements to explore source data and data issues
- Automation of manual tasks
- Must speak and write in English fluently
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile methodology and/or SCRUM
- Experience working with scripts under source control (TFS, git, svn)
- Utilized cloud architectures (AWS, Azure)
- Experience being part of an continuous integration and deployment process
- Experience using database monitoring tools (like tools from Solarwinds or RedGate)
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work in the team that creates, develops and maintains one of the best sources of real-time and historical information about the fuel industry worldwide
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (Pool Table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.