Job Purpose:This position is responsible for the payroll preparation and processing of payrolls in vendor managed payroll databases or working in cooperation with Third Party Vendors. This position is also responsible for updating and maintaining payroll related records and data files and maintaining the payroll database. Strong analytical skills are required for performing effective controls to make sure both payroll accuracy and timeliness service level agreements are met.
This position is also responsible for administering the data and working with other stakeholders and vendors in the following subjects: Compensations, Equity, Benefits, Pension, Leave and Time Tracking and Global Mobility.
Job Background:The Operations Team is responsible for optimizing the sustainable and cost effective availability and mobilization of appropriate people skills required to deliver the CSC’s committed scope of services and at the expected level of quality. The Delivery Team is the delivery engine providing the services to the CSC’s partners and customers. The Operations Team is providing its services in strict accordance to the processes and procedures.
Key Responsibilities:People and Relationship Management:
- Support Operations Lead in recruitment (discussion with recruitment team, interview, candidate evaluation)
- Support team in creating the appropriate training materials
- Complete the daily control of work within relevant area, support the Operations Lead in monitoring SLA’s and proactively take action – manage the daily BAU work coordination
- Conduct performance management discussions and 121s together with Operations Lead
- Participate in team members’ performance reviews and mid-term/year-end evaluations
- Hold regular relationship management discussions and operations calls with stakeholders (HR, vendor etc)
- Come up with improvement proposals
Process Management and Best Practices:
- Ensure that process documentations are always up-to-date (Desktop procedures, process maps)
- Ensure that employee enquiries are dealt with in accordance with the established service level agreements
- Proactively resolve issues that threaten delivery
- Manage exception and escalation
- Understand and apply industry best practices
Project Management and Re-engineering:
- Participate in Re-engineering activities
- Drive process standardization and rationalization according to the standard operating model
- Identify service gaps and make necessary changes
- Inspire team members to share and submit their ideas via the Bight Idea channel
- Participate in Migration projects and ensure that the new procedures are in line with the best practices and our standards
- Participate in projects as assigned by the Operations Manager
Daily operational work
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of monthly payroll runs
- To ensure all data is accurately compiled and sent to external Payroll Vendor according to payroll schedule on a monthly basis
- Responsible for the reconciliation, balancing and transmission of all vendor and bank interfaces/reports of payroll related data.
- Responsible for the balancing and review of all output investigation and correction of errors associated with the auditing of payroll data.
- Responsible for the controls and processing of all types of payments and deductions, including wage loans, payroll adjustments, etc
- Responsible for the controls of manual and off-cycle payments
- Responsible for the controls of payroll related reports to internal and external parties including regular statutory reports as well.
- To ensure payroll accuracy to agreed Service Levels takes part in maintaining the Issues Log and liaise on a regular basis with other teams and vendors, in cooperation to ensure actions and issues are followed through and resolved.
Development Value:In this CSC Payroll SME role, the candidate will develop further result-driven expertise competencies, specifically in the area of end-to-end process design, documentation, training, monitoring, reengineering, including system/vendor leverage and ergonomics; this in the context of an increasingly defined and structured but also complex and often sensitive HR transactional service delivery model, including a fast growing portfolio of services and number of covered countries.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 year of professional experience
- Process management
- Continuous Improvement Management
- Minimum 1 year experience in Payroll
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent research and problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule duties to meet payroll processing deadlines.
- Ability to process a high volume of detailed work in a short time frame.
- Ability to be productive and accurate in a high-stress environment and meet stringent production deadlines.
- Flexibility in regards to working patterns in payroll peak periods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- University level;
- Fluent English and French is a must. Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage.
- Proficient in a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Word, strong Excel;
- Experience in PeopleSoft HR and/or SAP HR is highly desired
- Manages risks and control.
- Leverages functional and business knowledge;
- Uses sound judgment;
- Delivers partner solutions